The Benefits of Taking Collagen

What is collagen?

Collagen is one of the most important structural substances in the body, accounting for 25% to 30% of total protein.

The body's ligaments, tendons, bones and skeletal muscles are all held together by collagen, as well as by smooth muscle tissue including blood vessels, digestive tract and organs.  It is also the main component of hair, skin and nails. 

Why take a collagen supplement?

As we age, the body loses its ability to make collagen, and it starts to break down. This is why our skin sags and wrinkles, hair because thinner, joints are stiff and less flexible, and our bodies become limp and have less tone.

Collagen is an essential nutritional component for those wanting to remain healthy and active throughout their lives.

Diet, age, stress, digestion, hormones, environmental and physical activity all affect our ability to provide the body with the nutritional building blocks necessary to manufacture and support collagen synthesis as well as support joint, bone, and skin health.

The key advantage to collagen supplementation lies in its ability to enhance regeneration of the collagen cycle and stimulate cells to restore body tissues.

Why marine collagen peptide?

Science has identified 28 different types of collagen. Type 1 collagen comprises about 75% of the body's collagen glycoproteins and is actually the principal type found throughout the body.

Collagen type 1 is abundant in the skin, tendons, ligaments, bone, teeth and connective tissues. Collagen type 2 is abundant in the cartilage and eyes but comprises less than 10% of the body's total collagen. Collagen type 3 is abundant in the muscles, blood vessels and skin. All together, collagen types 1 and 3 make up 80% to 90% of the collagen in people.

Type 1 collagen is best known for providing the basis for beautiful skin, strong connective tissues and healthy bones. A building block for all the body's systems, it also is a major component of membranes that surround and protect the internal organs, and of blood vessels, ligaments, tendons and bones.

Marine collagen is type I collagen and contains a unique combination and predominance of the amino acids hydroxyproline, glycine and proline. These distinctive peptides cannot be found in other protein sources and exist in a concentration much higher than other proteins. Collagen is an all-star nutritional supplement and supplies the body with important peptides that serve as the foundation to provide a range of health and wellness solutions. The beneficial effects of collagen peptides have been reported in numerous research findings for:
• Skin Health
• Joint Health
• Bone Health
• Protein enrichment
• Weight management
• Performance nutrition

Why Wabi Revive Marine Collagen Peptides?

Wabi Collagen is an all-natural collagen peptide extracted from pure marine sources. Produced from 100% fish skin and scales, it is sourced from a sustainable and traceable supply chain. In addition, it is virtually tasteless and odorless, allowing it to be easily added to beverages and food.

Using fish as a superior alternative to bovine, porcine and chicken collagen, Wabi Collagen is characterized by its low molecular weight resulting in improved digestibility and superb bioavailability. Our product is the result of a complex and controlled hydrolysis process to obtain premium collagen peptides that are highly soluble.

Research has shown that collagen peptide extracted from fish scales consisting of small peptide molecules has a superior bioavailability and digestibility compared to other collagen products due to lower molecular weight. Thanks to this low molecular weight, it is absorbed at a higher level through the intestinal barrier into the bloodstream and carried throughout the body, leading to collagen synthesis in the joint tissues, bones, skin dermis and many other essential body systems.

Supplementing with Wabi collagen peptides provides the body with essential amino acids necessary to manufacture and support collagen. Additionally, fish collagen offers high amounts of nonessential amino acids like glycine and proline, which may not be produced in sufficient amounts as we age and are essential for the collagen regeneration cycle and specific nutritional needs.

Shop Marine Collagen Peptides

Back to blog